Jan 25, 2010

Shantaram

I have been reading this book, its pretty impressive how the Author conveys through incidences his experience of Mumbai. I like his statements, analysis and judgements at the end of every chapter. Its getting me addicted to it more and more.

A few quotes from the starting chapter:
"The choice you make between hating and forgiving can become the story of your life" - Ch 2

"I am gay, I am jewish, I am a criminal. Bombay is the only city I have ever found that allows me to be all of them" - Ch2

"Civilisation after all is defined by what we forebid, more than what we permit" -Ch2

"When you judge the power that is in a person, you must judge their capacity as friend and as enemy" Ch2

2 comments:

  1. omg! this makes me wanna read the book.. so many have said so and these quotes u have picked up almost makes me wannna read it! thanks! im gonna get hooked on too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did you manage to get hooked? I feel like starting all over again.. :)

    ReplyDelete