Jan 26, 2010

61st Replublic Day

How long has it been that you attended a Flag hoisting on one of the National days?
Not after school.....

Was enriched today when small kids of our building with support, encouragement of their mothers got together to hoist our Indian flag. Interestingly made to rest on the pulley (thread rolls); the flag hoisting marked the start of the
day for us.

Was followed by the National Anthem, snacks and a drawing spree where all participants were given gifts. They were informed about our President and Prime Minister.

The kids got me into putting my thoughts on paper. I held the blank drawing sheet in my hand after a long time and realized my mind was so restricted, I let the crayons do the wonders for the pencil gave me a scare. haha!

It was time well spent. Some pictures to speak for themselves...

Kids were pleased to receive postal colours.











Drawings by the kids.



3 comments:

  1. Hey Farah,

    I think this was the best way i have seen in celebrating the Republic day. Thanks for sharing....

    Arshiya

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Arshiya,

    Thanks a ton for appreciating. We did have a lot of fun and it was enlightening in its own way :)

    -Farah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple n sweet way of celebrating republic day.....

    ReplyDelete