Jul 5, 2009

Blessed with rains



What do you do when you get up in the morning and find that its raining outside? smile? Try reaching it from your window sill or call friends and get wet till it lasts?

Its raining as I write this note. M getting into the mood of describing it but at the same time m missing the fun I would have had getting wet :). The lush green leaves and the clean trees look beautiful. The smell of turpentine (m wondering where its coming from) is good. Getting into a mood of a long bike ride.

We have been enjoying rains since last week and tempers have gone down. People on the streets, strangers I meet look more happy to me. The blossoming trees, the chirping birds, the hen next door, the cats around seem to be enjoying the weather as much as we are...

This is not my first monsoon in Mumbai. M still enjoying it to the fullest. Garam chai, pakodas and the scenic view from my balcony.. this place feels like heaven. Mumbai being a coastal region it usually experiences heavy rains.. so more water clogs, more road blocks - traffic jams, water on the train tracks.. apart from all this in the end everybody just loves the drop of rain falling on them be it acidic or natural. :) Once in a while I think I wouldnt mind getting stuck ON MY WAY BACK HOME.:) M sure its very exciting, adventurous and tactful to make your way back taking care of the puddles, open gutters, sharing the same time with strangers around and I would have all the time in the world hearing them grumble about the govt 's management flaws.

Its a pleasant season and the one I like the most of the three we experience in India.
(Pic Courtesy : Reuters)

1 comment:

  1. I know. how we suffered during the summers.. and what a relief it was on the first few showers.. i dread summers...


    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete