May 8, 2009

Today

You must be thinking whats the big deal that she writes an article on her "day" in life...

Well, today of all the days was a good one.. many things happened, both new and bold... the most exciting of them all is that I have 7 guests at my place.. aaaah! Please dont frown at the thought of "guests"!!!! The ones at my place are different...they are living beings, from our world, seem busy like us; running- moving about in search for their dreams.... FISHES!

Wow! m actually excited to have them over... they are my teacher's pets and I have agreed to take care of them for the next coming month... All of a sudden my attention has diverted and is now focussed on those cute creatures that are living under my roof as my responsibility... which is a big thing coz never have I fed anybody (realistically speaking).. :)

An overwhelming feeling surrounds me.. and I am not going to be alone ever in that room... leaves me with a happy feeling... small things in life give pleasure so just thought I'd share with you all..

-Farah

4 comments:

  1. Hey! Wow.. fishes!! thats such a cool thought.. I wanted to have one as a child.. but like many other wishes, this one died out too eventually.. have you named them yet? Its amazin how one day can change people and make them more aware of their lives.. isnt it? keep writing and ill keep reading :) No job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm.....thats cool. So do u have them in pairs, cos its important to have them in pairs so that they take care of each other. But keeping fishes is no easy job, u gotto be very particular about their feeding time, cleaning the water and the tank on regular basis, its almost like a hobby.

    In fact, i am thinking to get a few for my daughter, she loves fishes and she relates them to " Nemo " whenever she see's any fish :o).

    So which all fishes u got ? I would love to have some goldfish and sea horses, they r amazing.....

    All the best to u and ur fishes, do take great care of them and if possible, talk to them on regular basis, they might just listen to you... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sabah, yeah that one day came as a big realisation...:) and also the one when one of them died... I couldnt understand the reason for its death but i guess it lived its life to the fulllest...

    They came to me as a maintainence package but I have learnt a lot during their visit to my place ;) They are very cool, they jump to the surface for food and are always excited when you go near them..

    I think they can see us and think - talk about us as we do about them... It might just be my fantacy but if i imagine a life as a fish whoz memory span is 15 sec or less, what would i be going through... every moment would be like never before LOL!

    Keep reading too, m glad I provided you with something to while off your time... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Mirach,

    Have figured out that fishes, no matter how much they eat are always hungry for more.. but if they are going to die or fall ill, then they will stop eating and die after a week.

    Changing water is a skill that needs to be acquired.. doesnt always come with common sense..I almost killed one in the process for i didnt have the right tools and wasnt taught too... it jumped out of my vessel for it was fighting for life (as it thought) and I could not hold on to it.. We both were as excited and shivering for a lot of time had passed and I didnt know for how long would it survive.. finally was successful in helping it land in the water.. she must have felt like being in heaven ( clean water + survival) LOL!

    But it sure is a great experience.. if your daughter is small then go for a smaller tank with fishes that dont need too much care... get bigger regular fishes (they survive) till she gets the hang of it.. and commit to the taking care of the part yourself ...

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete